Second Bachelor's Degree
A student who has been awarded a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution may earn an additional bachelor's degree at the University of Oregon. The student must satisfactorily complete all departmental, school, or college requirements for the second degree. Of these requirements, the following must be completed after the prior degree has been awarded:
The student must complete an additional 36 credits at the university as a formally admitted student if the prior bachelor's degree was awarded by the University of Oregon, or an additional 45 credits at the university if the prior bachelor's degree was awarded by another institution.
- A minimum cumulative UO GPA of 2.00 in courses taken for the second bachelor's degree is required for the second bachelor's degree. See also: University of Oregon Grading System.
- A minimum of 18 credits must be graded A, B, C, D if the prior bachelor's degree was earned at the University of Oregon, or 23 credits if at another institution.
- At least 75 percent of all course work required in the major for the second degree must be completed after the conferral of the first degree.
- The bachelor of arts degree requires proficiency in a second language. Students whose native language is not English may satisfy this requirement by providing high school transcripts as evidence of formal training in the native language and satisfactorily completing WR 121 and either WR 122 or 123. The bachelor of science degree requires proficiency in mathematics and/or computer and information science.
- Students pursuing the bachelor of fine arts must complete either the bachelor of arts proficiency in a second language or the bachelor of science proficiency in mathematics and/or computer and information science.