How to Completely Withdraw Using Duckweb
Carefully Consider Your Decision to Withdraw
Before deciding to withdraw from a term or terms at the University of Oregon, you should contact your advisor to discuss the implications of a complete withdrawal and how it may affect your education at UO.
Withdrawing from a term or terms at the University of Oregon can affect you in many ways, including:
- Your insurance coverage may be affected.
- You will still be responsible for tuition and fees incurred in accordance with your attendance dates.
- "W" grades may or may not appear on your transcript depending upon your withdrawal date.
- You will lose access to student services and you will lose the ability to stay in university housing.
- If you have received financial aid, under some circumstances you may be responsible for complete or partial repayment.
- Withdrawing from a term or terms at the University of Oregon does not constitute satisfactory academic progress and may result in a change to your Academic Standing.
How to Withdraw
Step 1. From the DuckWeb main page click on "Student Menu", "Registration Menu" and then "Completely Withdraw from the Term(s)".
Step 2. Select either the single term you wish to withdraw from or all terms listed by clicking on the appropriate radio button.
Note: You cannot withdraw from past terms. Select either the single term you wish to withdraw from or all terms listed by clicking on the appropriate radio button.
Step 3. Check that the courses listed on the next screen actually match your registration information for the term you are withdrawing from. If there are errors, please contact the Registrar's Office at 541-346-2935. Otherwise, click "Continue".
Step 4. Select one "Primary reason" radio button for your withdrawl (e.g. "Academic Difficulty")., as shown here. If you wish, you may indicate additional reasons by checking the boxes in the second column.
Step 5. The next screen lists the many ways that a complete withdrawal from a term or terms at the University of Oregon may affect you. Review this information very carefully before clicking "Continue".
Please print this page and read through it carefully! Know that if you choose to withdraw completely, this decision may affect your ability to return to the UO or your ability to transfer. It is recommended that you contact the offices listed on this screen to verify your status with each.
Step 6: At each step along this process, the option to cancel your request to withdraw has been available. This screen is the final time you will presented with the option to cancel.
The final screen may or may not display an alert at the top of the page, depending on your individual situation (referred to as "student status").
Step 7. Print out the next page. This is your withdrawal confirmation page. If there had been an alert on the previous screen blocking your withdrawal, this screen will not appear. Otherwise, please print this page for your records. You have successfully withdrawn from a term or terms at the University of Oregon.
Additional Considerations (Information You May Need to Know)
- You may return to the University within three terms (not including summer) by simply going online and registering for classes.
- If you are gone longer than three terms (not counting the summer term) you will need to fill out a reenrollment form through the Office of the Registrar.
- Graduate students need to contact the Graduate School regarding re-enrollment.
- Is this your first term at UO? New students who withdraw on or after the first day of classes will be assessed the matriculation fee. (Those students who do a complete withdrawal from a term or terms at the University of Oregon prior to the first day of classes will not be assessed the fee.)
- All questions about withdrawals should be directed to Academic Advising at (541)346-3211.