Final Examination Schedules
Exams are determined by the first hour of the first scheduled class meeting. Classes meeting Monday, Wednesday, or Friday follow the "Monday" schedule and classes meeting Tuesday or Thursday follow the "Tuesday" schedule.
Some Fall, Winter and Spring term classes have "combined" exams, where several sections of the same course meet together during finals week for the exam.
Law students: Refer to My Law for the Law School Final Exam schedule.
2013-2014 Final Exam Schedule (PDF download)
(first hour class meets)
|08:00 or 08:30 M, W, F||10:15 Fri., Dec. 13||10:15 Thu., Mar. 20||10:15 Tue., June 10||10:15, Thu., Aug. 14|
|09:00 or 09:30, M, W, F||10:15 Wed., Dec. 11||10:15 Fri., Mar., 21||10:15 Thu., June, 12||8:00 Thu., Aug. 14|
|10:00 or 10:30, M, W, F||10:15 Mon., Dec. 9||10:15 Tue., Mar., 18||10:15 Wed., June, 11||10:15 Fri., Aug., 15|
|11:00 or 11:30, M, W, F||10:15 Thu., Dec. 12||10:15 Mon., Mar., 17||10:15 Fri., June 13||8:00 Fri., Aug., 15|
|12:00 or 12:30, M, W, F||10:15 Tue., Dec. 10||10:15 Wed., Mar. 19||10:15 Mon., June 9||15:15 Fri., Aug., 15|
|13:00 or 13:30, M, W, F||15:15 Tue., Dec. 10||15:15 Thu., Mar., 20||15:15 Wed., June, 11||13:00 Thu., Aug. 14|
|14:00 or 14:30, M, W, F||15:15 Thu., Dec. 12||15:15 Mon., Mar., 17||15:15 Tue., June, 10||15:15 Thu., Aug. 14|
|15:00 or 15:30, M, W, F||15:15 Mon., Dec. 9||15:15 Wed., Mar. 19||15:15 Thu., June, 12||13:00 Fri., Aug., 15|
|16:00 or 16:30, M, W, F||15:15 Wed., Dec. 11||15:15 Tue., Mar., 18||15:15 Mon., June 9|
|16:00 or later, M, W, F||18:00 Thu., Aug. 14|
|17:00 or later, Mon||19:00 Mon., Dec. 9||19:00 Mon., Mar., 17||19:00 Mon., June 9|
|17:00 or later, Wed||19:00 Wed., Dec. 11||19:00 Wed., Mar. 19||19:00 Wed., June, 11|
|17:00 or later, Fri||19:00 Fri., Dec. 13||19:00 Fri., Mar., 21||19:00 Fri., June 13|
|07:00 or 07:30, T, R||10:15 Thu., Aug. 14|
|08:00 or 08:30, T, R||8:00 Fri., Dec., 13||8:00 Thu., Mar., 20||8:00 Mon., June 9||8:00 Thu., Aug. 14|
|09:00 or 09:30, T, R||8:00 Wed., Dec. 11||8:00 Tue., Mar., 18||8:00 Thu., June, 12||10:15 Fri., Aug., 15|
|10:00 or 10:30, T, R||8:00 Mon., Dec., 9||8:00 Mon., Mar. 17||8:00 Wed., June, 11||8:00 Fri., Aug., 15|
|11:00 or 11:30, T, R||8:00 Thu., Dec. 12||8:00 Fri., Mar. 21||8:00 Tue., June, 10||15:15 Fri., Aug., 15|
|12:00 or 12:30, T, R||8:00 Tue., Dec. 10||8:00 Wed., Mar., 19||8:00 Fri., June 13||13:00 Thu., Aug. 14|
|13:00 or 13:30, T, R||13:00 Tue., Dec. 10||13:00 Mon., Mar., 17||13:00 Wed., June 11||15:15 Thu., Aug. 14|
|14:00 or 14:30, T, R||13:00 Thu., Dec. 12||13:00 Tue., Mar., 18||13:00 Mon., June 9||13:00 Fri., Aug., 15|
|15:00 or 15:30, T, R||13:00 Mon., Dec. 9||13:00 Wed., Mar. 19||13:00 Thu., June, 12|
|15:00 or later, T, R||18:00 Thu., Aug. 14|
|16:00 or 16:30, T, R||13:00 Wed., Dec. 11||13:00 Thu., Mar., 20||13:00 Tue., June, 10|
|17:00 or later, Tues||19:00 Tue., Dec. 10||19:00 Tue., Mar., 18||19:00 Tue., June, 10|
|17:00 or later, Thur||19:00 Thu., Dec. 12||19:00 Thu., Mar., 20||19:00 Thu., June, 12|
Final Examination Scheduling Criteria
Times for final examinations are scheduled in one of three ways:
- For most Fall, Winter and Spring term classes, exams are determined by the first hour of the first scheduled class meeting. Classes meeting Monday, Wednesday, or Friday follow the "Monday" schedule and classes meeting Tuesday or Thursday follow the "Tuesday" schedule.
- For Summer Session classes that meet for the eight-week session or second four-week session, the last class day is Wednesday of week 8. The final exam period for these courses is Thursday and Friday of week 8. Summer Session classes that meet for the eight-week session or second four-week will be scheduled during the designated exam period determined by the first hour of the first scheduled class meeting. Classes scheduled to begin Monday, Wednesday or Friday follow the "M,W,F" schedule, and Summer Session classes scheduled to begin Tuesday or Thursday follow the "T,R" schedule. For specific dates and times select the appropriate academic year listed under "Choose a Schedule" above.
- Some Fall, Winter and Spring term classes have "combined" exams, where several sections of the same course meet together during finals week for the exam.
For classes that meet the first four-week session and all other Summer Session classes, final exams are given on the last class meeting day.
All exams are scheduled for two hours and are usually given in the same classroom unless instructors have made other arrangements.
Students can find out when and where their final exams will be held from their professors. Additionally, final exams can be viewed on the current term's online class schedule and on DuckWeb (click on Student Menu, then Student Class Schedule and scroll ahead to the week of finals) during the third week of each term (the exact time when this is available on DuckWeb may vary from term to term).
Combined Final Examination Schedules
Certain academic departments have combined examinations for multiple sections of the same class. In some cases not all sections will be part of the combined examination. Specific sections are listed if not all sections are part of the combined examination. Courses that will have combined examination are also noted on the Schedule of Classes with a ‘Y’.
Locations will be announced in class or displayed in the on-line class schedule by the fourth week of classes.
Final examinations must be given during the scheduled final examination period. Faculty legislation prohibits the early administration of final examinations. Final examination week is considered to be a part of the regular term, and to end the term prior to its scheduled date reduces instructional days to which students are entitled.
Faculty legislation controls the assignments that may be made during the last week of regular classes, commonly known as "Dead Week".
In the week preceding final examinations during Fall, Winter, and Spring terms:
- No examination worth more than 20% of the final grade will be given, with the exception of make-up examinations.
- No final examinations will be given under any guise.
- No projects will be due unless they have been clearly specified on the class syllabus within the first two weeks of the term.
- Take-home examinations will be due no earlier than the day of the formally assigned final examination for the class in question.
Questions about this policy should be addressed to the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, (541) 346-3081.
Students are encouraged to review the schedule of final examinations (see below) prior to registering to avoid conflicts or multiple examinations in a single day. Students who are scheduled for more than three examinations within one calendar day may take the additional examination later in the week. The instructor of record for the course beyond the third examination, counting in the order the examinations are scheduled, will arrange for a makeup examination. Students unable to resolve multiple examinations problems with their instructors may contact the Office of Academic Advising, 364 Oregon Hall, for assistance.
In the event that a student is scheduled for two or more exams at the same time, the following policies assist with resolving the conflict:
- For regular courses with examinations scheduled at the same time, the course with the largest enrollment must provide an alternate examination;
- For conflicts between regular courses and combined examinations, the combined examination course must provide the alternate examination;
- For combined examinations with conflicts, the largest combined enrollment course must provide the alternate examination.
These procedures were approved by the Undergraduate Council effective Spring 2003. Students unable to resolve examination conflicts with their instructors may contact the Office of Academic Advising, 364 Oregon Hall, for assistance.