How to Use Wait-listing on DuckWeb
Wait-listing is available for certain courses that are full that have the red WL code in the course schedule. To use wait-listing, you must meet the prerequisites and restrictions for the course and have a uoregon.edu e-mail account.
How to Use Wait-listing - Basic Steps
- Navigate to the "Add/Drop Classes" worksheet in the Registration Menu. (Click "Student Menu", "Registration Menu", "Add/Drop Classes".)
- Select the term and click the "Submit" button.
- When you find a wait-listed course you wish to register for, check the box in the "Select" column and click "Register".
- When the course you want to wait-list comes up, select "Wait-list" from the drop-down list in the action column.
- Click "Submit Changes". You are now on the wait-list for this course.
These steps are explained in greater detail below.
How to Use Wait-listing on DuckWeb
If a class is full and can be wait-listed, you will see a WL code in the course information.
Students who meet the prerequisites for a wait-listed course should follow the steps below.
Step 1. Check the box next to the CRN for the course or courses you are interested in. (If the course happens to have a lecture and discussion or lab section, check the box corresponding to the "+Dis" or "+Lab" you need to wait-list, and not the Lecture CRN. Wait-listing on these types of courses is done only on the "+Dis" or "+Lab" portions of the course.)
Step 2. Click "Register".
Step 3. When the course you wish to wait-list appears, select "Wait-list" from the drop-down list (if available) and click "Submit Changes".
The wait-listed class is now included on your "Current Schedule" with a "Wait-listed" Status.
Note: Your wait-listing status began the moment you selected "Wait-list" in the action column and clicked "Submit Changes" in the previous step. You can verify that you are on the wait-list now by looking at your status in the right hand column, which shows you exactly when you entered wait-listed status.
Note: If there is no "Wait-list" action available in the drop-down list, this means either:
- wait-listing is not available for the course or
- the wait-list is full at this time
There are restrictions on wait-listing a course.
- Wait-lists are offered only when a course is full.
- You will not be allowed to wait-list for a class until you meet the prerequisites.
- You cannot wait-list more than one section of the same course, or a course you are already enrolled in.
- Time conflicts are not checked when wait-listing for a course, but will be enforced when registering for a course.
- If a course you have wait-listed becomes available, you must assure that there are no time conflicts with your schedule, or you will not be allowed to register for the wait-listed course.
You can view your position on the wait-list by viewing your schedule in "Text Format". From the Add/Drop Worksheet, click "View Your Class Schedule", and then select "Text Format". (You can also get there from the Student Menu by clicking "Student Class Schedule".) The student in the example below is first on the wait-list.
If for any reason you need to take yourself off of a wait-list, drop the course as you would any other. From the Add/Drop Worksheet, select "Drop from Wait-list" from the Action Column on the left and click "Submit Changes". Remember that if you do drop from a course you have wait-listed, you will not be able to get back on the wait-list for that course.
Once You’re on a Wait-list
If an opening in your wait-listed course becomes available, an email will be sent to your uoregon.edu email account. You will have 24 hours from the time the message is sent to register for the course before you are automatically dropped from the wait-list, at which time the next student on the wait-list is offered that open space. When you receive your email notice, read it carefully!
the course before you are automatically dropped from the wait-list.
Registering For Your Wait-listed Course
Step 1. Once you are notified that you can register for your wait-listed class, log into DuckWeb and navigate to the "Add/Drop Worksheet".
Step 2. In the "Action" column (located to the left of the course) select "Add CRN" from the drop-down list.
Step 3. Click "Submit Changes". DuckWeb now displays the registered status of the class (far right column).
If the course you are registering for is a lab or discussion that has a related lecture, you will need to register for both at the same time. Choose "Add CRN" from the drop-down list to the left of the lab or discussion you are adding. Do not click "Submit Changes"! First, enter the CRN for the associated lecture into the field at the bottom of the screen. When both the lecture CRN is entered and "Add CRN" is selected in the associated lab/discussion drop-down list, click "Submit Changes".
Congratulations, you have successfully registered for your wait-listed course!