Concurrent degrees are awarded under the following conditions:
- The second degree may be offered by the same school or college. See below for restrictions.
- The student completes the departmental requirements for each major.
- The student completes the general-education requirements for each degree.
- The student completes a minimum of 36 credits at the UO beyond those required for the degree that has the highest credit requirement.
- The student applies for the first degree on DuckWeb and submits a request to the Office of the Registrar for the second degree.
- Only one course from each of the first majors of each degree can be used in the Areas of Inquiry (the groups).
Not all colleges or schools permit concurrent degrees. Students are able to receive concurrent degrees from the same college or school when one of the majors is restricted to one degree. Students majoring in the following College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) majors are eligible to receive concurrent degrees in a second CAS major.
The following majors require a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree:
|Asian Studies||Folklore and Public Culture||Latin American Studies|
|Cinema Studies||Humanities||Medieval Studies|
|Classics||Italian||Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies|
|Comparative Literature||Japanese||Romance Languages|
To request a concurrent degrees, download the Concurrent Degrees Request Form and submit it to the Office of the Registrar. You may submit this form via mail, fax or in person. The Office of the Registrar is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Pacific Time.
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
5257 UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
EUGENE OR 97403-5257
Questions? Contact us.