Concurrent degrees are two degrees awarded at the same time. They cannot be separated and awarded on different terms. Declaring two majors is not declaring two degrees. Please use the form below to declare two degrees. Please work with your department(s) for major declarations and changes.
Concurrent degrees are awarded under the following conditions:
- The second degree may be offered by the same school or college. See below for restrictions.
- The student completes the departmental requirements for each major.
- The student completes the core education requirements (formerly the general education requirements) for each degree.
- The student completes a minimum of 36 credits at the UO beyond those required for the degree that has the highest credit requirement.
- The student applies for the first degree on DuckWeb and submits a request to the Office of the Registrar for the second degree.
Restrictions for Concurrent Degrees within the Same College:
Students are able to receive concurrent degrees from the same college or school when one of the majors is restricted to one degree.
The following College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) majors are restricted to the Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree. Students are eligible to receive a Bachelor of Science (BS) in another major from CAS and a BA in one of the majors listed here.
- Asian Studies
- Judaic Studies
- Folklore and Public Culture
- Latin American Studies
- Medieval Studies
- Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies
- Romance Languages
Effective Fall 2022, the bioengineering major will be restricted to the Bachelor of Science (BS) degree. Students majoring in bioengineering are eligible to receive a BA in a second CAS major.
Students with the professional degrees Bachelor of Architecture (BArch), Bachelor of Interior Architecture (BIArch), or Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (BLA) are eligible to receive a concurrent degree in a second College of Design (DSGN) major.
Students with the Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) are eligible to receive a concurrent degree when the second degree is BArch, BIArch, or BLA.
To request concurrent degrees, please fill out the Request for Concurrent Degrees web form. If you have any questions about concurrent degrees, please contact your advisor before submitting the form.