Concurrent degrees are awarded under the following conditions:
- The second degree may be offered by the same school or college. See below for restrictions.
- The student completes the departmental requirements for each major.
- The student completes the core education requirements (formerly the general education requirements) for each degree.
- The student completes a minimum of 36 credits at the UO beyond those required for the degree that has the highest credit requirement.
- The student applies for the first degree on DuckWeb and submits a request to the Office of the Registrar for the second degree.
- Only one course from each of the first majors of each degree can be used in the areas of inquiry (formerly the groups).
Students are able to receive concurrent degrees from the same college or school when one of the majors is restricted to one degree. Students majoring in the following College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) majors are eligible to receive concurrent degrees in a second CAS major.
The following majors require a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree:
- Asian Studies
- Cinema Studies
- Comparative Literature
- Folklore and Public Culture
- Judaic Studies
- Latin American Studies
- Medieval Studies
- Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies
- Romance Languages
To request concurrent degrees, please fill out the Request for Concurrent Degrees form and email it, from your UO email account, to firstname.lastname@example.org.