For information on UO Commencement, see Commencement (Graduation).

If you are interested in applying for concurrent degrees, please visit our site for concurrent degree information and restrictions - click here.

All Degrees

All grade changes, removal of incompletes, major/minor changes, and transfer work necessary for completion of degree requirements must be on file in the Office of the Registrar by the Friday following the end of your graduation term. Corrections to the academic record, including change of grade or removal of incompletes, are made only during the thirty days following the granting of the degree. Note: Graduate School deadlines are earlier; contact the Graduate School, 125 Chapman Hall for more information.

All requirements for all majors, all minors, and any certificates must be completed in order to be awarded your degree. Incomplete majors and minors cannot be completed after your degree has been awarded.

Bachelor's Degrees

Students who plan to receive a bachelor's degree should complete the on-line application for graduation via DuckWeb. Students can apply anytime beginning four terms prior to the graduation term. Students should apply during the first few weeks of the term prior to their graduation term; this permits timely updating of degree guides, allowing students to plan or change their final term course schedule to ensure completion of all graduation requirements.

When applying to graduate in Duckweb, please enter the name that you would like printed on your diploma.  The default name is the name on your offical student record.  The name can be updated as appropriate for you.  If you need to adjust your diploma name after the graduation application has been submitted, please email us from your UO email with your request.

The deadline to apply for graduation is Sunday at midnight after the fourth week of classes. At that point, DuckWeb will no longer allow students to apply for graduation online; students must email the Office of the Registrar, from UO email, to be considered for the current term's graduation application after the deadline. 


Applying Late to Graduate

If you have missed the deadline to fill out the current term's graduation application in Duckweb, please complete the following actions.

  1. Apply to graduate via Duckweb for the next available term.
  2. Email us your request to have your graduation application moved to the current term.  You must email from your UO email account. Include your student ID number, and which term you would like your application moved to.


Latin Honors

Graduating seniors who have earned at least 90 credits in residence at the University of Oregon and have successfully completed all other university degree requirements are eligible for graduation with Latin honors. The Office of the Registrar computes Latin honors upon graduation. The Latin Honor distinction will be printed on the diploma and UO transcript.

The Latin honors cumulative GPA levels for each academic year are determined by rounding the previous five-year running average to the first decimal point. To view the Latin Honor ranges for the current school year, please click here.

Note: post baccalaureate students are not eligible.

Departmental Honors

Departmental honors are awarded to students at the time of graduation for those who meet specific requirements set by the department. Not all departments offer departmental honors. Please see your major department to inquire about departmental honors requirements. Awarded honors are printed on both the diploma and official transcript.

Departmental Partners:

Please use the Degree with Departmental Honors Notification Form to submit your departmental honors. If there are more than 12 students with honors for a term, submit the form multiple times. The form is due to the Office of the Registrar by the Friday after the grading deadline of the quarter. Late submissions may not be approved. Please submit the form even if your department is not awarding departmental honors for the current quarter.

Let us know if you have questions –

Degree with Departmental Honors
Notification Form

Degree Awarding - Have you checked your Degree Guide lately?

The best way to ensure that your degree is awarded in a timely manner is to confirm that your requirements show as complete on your Degree Guide.

  • Follow up with your advisors if major(s)/minor(s) are incomplete.
  • You will not be able to graduate if your University General Education requirements are incomplete.
  • All grade changes, transfer course work, and UO study abroad course work (both documented by an official transcript) must be received within 30-days after the date of conferral.
  • Degree status can be viewed in Duckweb by selecting "View Degree Application Status." You will be notified of the results of the degree application review.
  • Commencement is the graduation ceremony.  It is not the awarding of degrees.  Students who have not completed their requirements or have been awarded their degrees can participate in the spring University Commencement Ceremony.  Please visit the Commencement office's site for additional information. 

Degree Verification

We understand that many students need to verify degree completion as soon as possible for various reasons (employment, graduate school, Teach for America, SACM, etc.); however, the Office of the Registrar is unable to verify degree completion until your degree has officially been awarded. Once your degree has been awarded, if you need to show evidence of your degree to a third party you can do so using your official transcript. Diplomas are mailed out a number of weeks after the awarding of degrees.

Diploma Information

Your diploma lists your name (as you requested it to appear), the degree awarded, the date of your degree, and your school or college. Undergraduate diplomas do not list majors or minors. Your official transcript will show the degree awarded, major(s) and minor(s).

Your diploma is mailed by a third party processor. Diplomas will be mailed out approximately three weeks after we have awarded your degree to the diploma address listing in Duckweb. If you do not have a diploma address listed, your diploma will be mailed to the permanent address we have on file.  Diplomas that are returned to the Office of the Registrar due to an undeliverable address will be hold for 90 days.

Advanced Degrees

Graduate students planning to receive an advanced degree or graduate certificate must file an online application for advanced degree no later than the end of the second week of classes in the term of completion.

The information regarding applying for advanced degrees is available at the Graduate School site.

Graduate School
125 Chapman Hall
1219 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1219
(541) 346-5129

Doctor of Jurisprudence

Students who plan to receive a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree must complete the on-line application for graduation via DuckWeb.

Contact the Law School for more information:

Law School Registrar
1221 University of Oregon
School of Law
Eugene, OR 97403-1221
(541) 346-3852

See also: