Sending your Official Transcripts to the University of Oregon


EUGENE OR 97403-5257

Electronic Delivery:  If your previous institution(s) offer official electronic copies sent by a secured provider (e.g., National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, Scrip Safe), you may have them sent directly from the institution to

Transcripts are not accepted as official when received by fax or as email attachments.  Please work directly with your institutions regarding sending transcripts electronically.

The University of Oregon only accepts transfer credit that is received directly from regionally accredited colleges and universities. Transcripts received as email attachments are not considered official. Credits earned at junior colleges and community colleges are always transferred at the lower division level. Credits earned at a four-year institution are transferred at both the lower and upper-division credit, depending on what level the original course was taught.

Students may transfer in an unlimited number of credits to clear degree requirements, but only 124 credits from junior or community colleges will be counted toward the total number of credits required for the degree (of this only 90 credits may be transferred from an international junior college). Remember that students must earn a minimum number of upper-division credits (62) in order to graduate. Therefore, students who transfer the full 124 credits from a community college will ultimately graduate with more than the required minimum of 180 credits for the BA or BS degrees.

Transfer Equivalency Database

The University of Oregon has partnered with CollegeSource's Transfer Evaluation System (TES®) to provide students and our partners with a library of our established equivalencies from institutions that we have previously received transfer credit.

Please note that if you do not see a course listed within the equivalency tool, this does not mean that it is not eligible for transfer credit. New equivalences are added to our database quarterly. When a transcript is received all college-level course work is evaluated and considered for transfer credit. An assessment will be made for either elective credit or general-education elective credit. Our University of Oregon departments make determinations regarding direct UO equivalents.

Math courses with a focus on math for Elementary Teachers and Elementary Education cannot be used in combination with any other math courses to fulfill the BS Math requirement. They are a stand alone series. Please contact your advisor within the College of Education for further questions regarding this sequence.

Willamette Promise credit will be articulated as Western Oregon University transfer credits. This is effective beginning Fall 2020 and for future admit terms. This does not apply to students admitted prior to Fall 2020.

For information on using TES®, please visit our Using TES® web page.

Transfer Evaluation System (TES®)

Request UO-Course Equivalencies

The Office of the Registrar will initially articulate transfer credits as just elective or elective with various university-requirement attributes.  For most university requirements, elective credits is sufficient. Some majors and minors require UO-course equivalents. Only major and minor departments can approve and request that transfer courses are updated to UO-course equivalents.  Please provide the appropriate department with any needed documentation that can be used to evaluate your transfer course(s).

UO Departmental Partners - please use the web form below to assign a transfer course a UO-course equivalency.  You will be prompted to login with your DuckID. Once processed, the new equivalency will be recorded in our database for all students who transfer in that specific course.

Request to Change Transfer Equivalent

Post-Baccalaureate Transfer Credits

First-degree transfer courses will be applied to the student record as bulk transfer credits.  The form offers space for seven, first-degree courses, which can be used for prerequisites, major and minor requirements, and the Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree requirements. 

Students, please work with your advisor in determining which courses are appropriate to use toward your requirements.  You will need to provide your advisor your unofficial transcript(s) and the PDF form. The completed form will need to be emailed to by your advisor.

Request to Process Post-Baccalaureate Transfer Credits

Advisors, below is the link for the web form.  You will need to log in with your DuckID to access the form.  Once submitted, the form will be sent to our office for processing.  Please note, if using first-degree transfer courses to clear prerequisites, UO equivalents will be needed.  If you are unsure how a transfer course is set up in the UO table, please email us at

Request to Process Post-Baccalaureate Transfer Credits

Request Access to TES®

The Office of the Registrar will be requesting UO equivalents from our departmental partners through the TES® system. Please click on the button below to access the access web form.

TES® User Request

Additional Information

Transfer Student Admission - Office of Admissions The UO Office of Admissions' official guide to transferring to the UO.
Academic Jumpstart Online tutorial that gives basic information to help students get started with identifying questions to ask at advising orientation. Completion will help identify required general education coursework while attending the UO.
Study Abroad Course Equivalencies A new page to help you determine how courses from Global Education Oregon Programs will apply toward your UO requirements.
Reverse College Transfer Currently admitted UO undergraduates have the option of transferring their UO credit back to one of four community colleges and possibly be awarded an associate's degree from the community college.
Transferology Students transferring to or from the University of Oregon are encouraged to use Transferology, a centralized degree audit and articulation service that eases students' progress from one Oregon school to another.
Oregon Transfer Module (OTM) A one-year curriculum for students who plan to transfer to a state of Oregon community college or another Oregon University System university. The module allows students to complete one year of general education foundation course work that is academically sound and will meet the admission standards of the receiving school.
Alternative Ways to Earn Credit Guide for students who qualify for earning University of Oregon credit from Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate scores.

Frequently Asked Questions

When will my transfer work be evaluated?

If you are applying for undergraduate admission to the University of Oregon, as soon as your application and application fee have been received, any official transcripts that you have sent to the University of Oregon will be evaluated.  Current processing time is 14 business days. A degree guide showing how those courses will apply to your general-education requirements and major/minor requirements will also be created.  As you complete additional work at your transfer institutions, be sure to send updated official transcripts, so that all your courses can be evaluated and your degree audit can be updated.

If you are applying for postbaccalaureate undergraduate admission to the University of Oregon, as soon as your application and application fee have been received, any official transcripts that you have sent to the University of Oregon will be evaluated.  First-degree transfer credits will be processed as bulk credits.  The processing time is 14 business days. 

If you are currently enrolled as a UO student, once the official transcript has been received, the transfer work will be applied to your student record within 14 business days.  Be sure to request that official transcripts be sent as soon as grades have posted at that institution. 

How can I view my transfer evaluation report?

Once your transfer work is evaluated, the Registrar’s Office will send you an email to let you know. You may then log onto DuckWeb (select either the "Admission" menu or the "Student" menu, then "View Transfer Evaluation Report"). You may then view and/or print your transfer evaluation. Select the "View Degree Guide" menu to view and/or print your degree audit.

For admission applicants, email notification will be sent to the applicant email address; for current UO students, e-mail notification will be sent to the e-mail address.

No printed documents will be mailed to you. You may screen print a copy directly from DuckWeb if you want a printed copy.

How can I find out how a course will transfer?

Use the Transfer Course Equivalency look-up tool. You can choose to view all courses that have been evaluated from another institution or you can look up individual courses from another institution.

A school I am attending is not listed on your transfer evaluation web page. What can I do?

Contact the Office of the Registrar ( to verify that the University of Oregon will accept transfer credits from your institution.

A course I am looking for is not listed on your transfer evaluation web page. What should I do?

Courses are added to the transfer evaluation table as transcripts are processed.  Transcripts are not unofficially evaluated.  

I have seen my transfer evaluation and I disagree with the evaluation of a class. What can I do?

First check with the Office of the Registrar. If the course cannot be re-evaluated in the Office of the Registrar (usually because it is a course for your major), you may be directed to take a course description and/or syllabus for the course to an instructor in the appropriate department on campus. That instructor may re-evaluate the course and will contact the Office of the Registrar if appropriate, to request that the information be updated.

Can I take classes somewhere else over the Summer, and how do I make sure they will transfer back?

First check the Transfer Credit Equivalencies lookup for transfer equivalency information. If the school is not listed at all, or the specific courses you are looking for are not listed, contact the Office of the Registrar for assistance.

I am going to be studying abroad through a University of Oregon program. How will my credits be applied to my UO record?

Please refer to the UO Study Abroad Course Equivalencies table.  Courses are added as transcripts are received.  UO departments will review courses for UO-equivalent levels for those programs that do not have established course levels.  Departments will also review courses for major and minor approval.  Please save your syllabi and any course documents to better support the evaluation process.  Please email questions to 

I'm going on a Study Abroad program that is not a University of Oregon program. I need pre-approval and/or need to know if my classes will transfer. What do I do?

Check with the Office of the Registrar to find out if there is any information already on file about the institution you plan to attend. If you plan to enroll in courses at an institution for which we do not have information on file, the Registrar’s Office will first need to confirm that transfer credit is acceptable from that institution. If so, you will then need to work with specific departments to get approval before leaving for your program. Registrar’s staff can explain the process to you.  Please email questions to

The class I'm taking is three credits and the same course at the University of Oregon is four credits. Will it still count?

Courses taken for three credits at another term-based U.S. institution will transfer as three credits to the University of Oregon (U.S. semester school conversion: 3 semester credits = 4.5 UO credits).

Some UO degree requirements are based on completing a certain number of courses (e.g., writing, math). Transfer courses of three credits will count to clear those course requirements. Some UO degree requirements are based on a minimum number of credits (e.g., 15 credits of Arts and Letters). Your three-credit transfer course will count toward that 15 credit requirement, leaving you with 12 more credits to complete.

I sent my transcript to the University of Oregon a long time ago! Where is it?

For most institutions, it can take up to four weeks for your transcript order to be processed, mailed and received by the University of Oregon. If you ordered your transcript more than four weeks ago, contact the Office of the Registrar and we will search for your transcript. If we are unable to locate the documents, we will ask that you contact the sending institution to verify that the transcript was sent (and not held up there for some reason).

I'm an undergraduate student transferring the last class I need to graduate. Where do I send the transcript?

Send your official transcript to:

EUGENE OR 97403-5257

Electronic PDF Delivery:

Transcripts are not accepted as official when received by fax or as email attachments.  Electronic PDFs provided officially through your previous institution(s) using an approved, secure transcript provider is accepted.

We ask that you submit transcripts in a timely fashion. Having your work here by the end of the term of graduation will ensure that the Registrar’s staff and your department will be able to evaluate your record for graduation. The absolute deadline for which the University of Oregon will accept transfer work is 30 days following graduation. If you do not submit your transfer work by that deadline, you will need to re-apply to graduate for the following term. (And don’t forget to apply for graduation on DuckWeb!)

Will the grades I transfer to the University of Oregon count in my UO GPA?

Grades for the courses you transfer to the University of Oregon will be collected and used to determine your transfer GPA for the purpose of admission. However, your University of Oregon GPA will not include grades from other institutions.

I can't register for next term because I have an admission’s transcript hold. How do I get this released?

The Office of Admissions informs you if you have outstanding transcripts. Order an official transcript from your transferring institution as soon as possible and have it sent to:

EUGENE OR 97403-5257

After your official transcript is received and reviewed, your hold will be released and you will be able to register for classes. Our experience is that it may take as long as four weeks for your transcript order to be processed by the sending institution and mailed to UO. Please allow sufficient time so that you can register for classes during your registration priority time!

If I take a class P/NP will it still count?

Yes. Courses taken Pass/No Pass or Satisfactory/Fail at another institution will transfer and will count in fulfilling general education requirements (and in some cases, major requirements). Please remember that there are University of Oregon requirements for the number of graded credits needed to graduate.

Does the University of Oregon award advanced credit for experiential learning?

No, UO does not award credit for experiential learning. Students may want to investigate the Credit By Exam option at UO as an alternate way to earn credit by challenging courses in the curriculum.

Who do I contact for help?

All questions about transferring courses to the University of Oregon (for both applicants and current UO students) should be directed to the Office of the Registrar: