Other Aid & Assistance

Veterans' Dependent Tuition Waiver

The Veterans' Dependent Tuition Waiver is a benefit provided by the University of Oregon granting a tuition waiver for certain students who are dependents of veterans. Read more..

Veterans’ Dependent Tuition Waiver Application

VA Work-Study

A list of approved sites is available by contacting the Veterans Coordinator at the UO Veterans' Affairs Office. See also: Student Work-Study Allowance Program Information

Veterans Services of Lane County

Veterans Services of Lane County offers advocation and other services for veterans, their dependents and survivors.

Voyager Tuition Assistance

Voyager Tuition Assistance is a financial aid benefit made available to UO students who:

  • have served as members of the National Guard or Reserves
  • were called to active duty (and served in a combat zone) since September 11, 2001

Contact Financial Aid for additional details.

Tuition Assistance

For information about applying for Tuition Assistance offered by the various branches of the military refer to Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) Military Tuition Assistance or click on the appropriate link below:

Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA)

Taken from the VA website: "The Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) is a comprehensive health care program in which the VA shares the cost of covered health care services and supplies with eligible beneficiaries."

VA requires enrollment verification for all CHAMPVA applicants. The DuckWeb on-line enrollment verification from the National Student Clearinghouse does not include everything required by that CHAMPVA. Contact the UO Office of the Registrar for help with this verification.

See CHAMPVA web page for more information about eligibility, benefits and other details.