Other Aid & Assistance
Veterans' Dependent Tuition Waiver
The Veterans' Dependent Tuition Waiver is a benefit provided by the University of Oregon granting a tuition waiver for certain students who are dependents of veterans. download the PDF here.
A list of approved sites is available by contacting the Veterans Coordinator at the UO Veterans' Affairs Office. See also: Student Work-Study Allowance Program Information
Veterans Services of Lane County
Veterans Services of Lane County offers advocation and other services for veterans, their dependents and survivors.
Voyager Tuition Assistance
Voyager Tuition Assistance is a financial aid benefit made available to UO students who:
- have served as members of the National Guard or Reserves
- were called to active duty (and served in a combat zone) since September 11, 2001
Contact Financial Aid for additional details.
For information about applying for Tuition Assistance offered by the various branches of the military refer to Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) Military Tuition Assistance or click on the appropriate link below:
- Air Force
- Information: Air Force Military Tuition Assistance
- Portal: Air Force Military Portal
- Coast Guard
- Information: Coast Guard Military Tuition Assistance
- Portal: Coast Guard Military Portal
- Army and Army National Guard
- Information and Portal: https://www.armyignited.army.mil/student/
- Marine Corps
- Information: Marine Corps Military Tuition Assistance
- Portal: Marine Corps Military Portal
- Information: Navy Military Tuition Assistance
- Portal: Navy Military Portal
Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA)
Taken from the VA website: "The Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) is a comprehensive health care program in which the VA shares the cost of covered health care services and supplies with eligible beneficiaries."
VA requires enrollment verification for all CHAMPVA applicants. The DuckWeb on-line enrollment verification from the National Student Clearinghouse does not include everything required by that CHAMPVA. Contact the UO Office of the Registrar for help with this verification.
See CHAMPVA web page for more information about eligibility, benefits and other details.