Government & Community Links
Helpful resources and links for UO student veterans:
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Provides information on healthcare and federal benefits to veterans and their dependents.You can access crisis prevention information directly by going to the Veterans Crisis Line Website.
- Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents and Survivors, 2018 Edition.
- Provides brief descriptions of VA programs and benefits, including compensation and pension benefits, healthcare, memorial and burial benefits, facility phone numbers and addresses, and more.
- Transition Care Management—VA page for returning service members of OEF/OIF/OND
- Provides information on veterans benefits for returning service members (OEF/OIF/OND).
- U.S. Government's Official Web Portal for all government transactions, services, and information. Provides direct online access to federal, state, local, and tribal governments.
- Official website for U.S. federal legislative information. Here you can find bills, resolutions, and legislative histories from 1973 to the present. Read more about Congress.gov.
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Reviews veterans' programs, examines current laws and reports bills and amendments to strengthen existing laws concerning veterans and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- A gateway to critical news and information for veterans and all those who care about veterans issues.
- Joint Services Transcript (JST)
(Visiting this site may require adding a security exception to your browser.)
- The Joint Services Transcript (JST) is an academically accepted document approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) to validate a service member's military occupational experience and training along with the corresponding ACE college credit recommendations. JST replaces the Coast Guard Institute Transcript , the Army ACE Registry Transcript (AARTS) and the Sailor/Marine ACE Registry Transcript (SMART).
- Troops to Teachers
- Provides Counseling and Referral services to military personnel interested in beginning a second career in public education as a teacher. The DANTES Troops to Teachers office will help applicants identify teacher certification requirements, programs leading to certification and employment opportunities.
- National Personnel Records Center (NARA)
- Military Personnel Records (NPRC-MPR) is the repository of millions of military personnel, health, and medical records of discharged and deceased veterans of all services during the 20th century. Order a copy of your DD 214.
- Oregon National Guard Service Member and Family Support Program
- Provides family, wellness, and transition programs.