The University of Oregon only accepts transfer credit that is received directly from regionally accredited colleges and universities. Transcripts received as email attachments are not considered official. Credits earned at junior colleges and community colleges are always transferred at the lower division level. Credits earned at a four-year institution are transferred at both the lower and upper-division credit, depending on what level the original course was taught.

Students may transfer in an unlimited number of credits to clear degree requirements, but only 124 credits from junior or community colleges will be counted toward the total number of credits required for the degree (of this only 90 credits may be transferred from an international junior college). Remember that students must earn a minimum number of upper-division credits (62) in order to graduate. Therefore, students who transfer the full 124 credits from a community college will ultimately graduate with more than the required minimum of 180 credits for the BA or BS degrees.

Spring 2020 AP and IB Test Scores

AP exams taken at home Spring 2020 due to COVID-19 will be awarded credit based on the score earned in the same way as exams taken at your school with the longer exam. 

The IB Organization has indicated that there will not be exams at the end of the year but that similar scores will be provided to colleges and universities based on an evaluation of your work in your IB courses thus far.  The University of Oregon will continue to award credit for these scores according to our published exam credit policy based on these "exam-less" scores provided by IB.

Mailing your transcript

Applicants for admission to the University of Oregon should mail their transcript to:

EUGENE OR 97403-1217

Currently enrolled University of Oregon students should mail their transcripts to:

EUGENE OR 97403-5257

Transfer Course Equivalencies

The University of Oregon accepts transfer credit from regionally accredited colleges and universities. Credits earned at junior colleges and community colleges are always transferred at the lower division level. Credits earned at a four-year institution are transferred at both the lower and upper-division credit, depending on what level the original course was taught.

**Math courses with a focus on Math for Elementary Teachers and Elementary Education will be assessed as elective transfer credit.  These courses may be applied to the BS Math requirement if the entire series is completed with a C- or better.  Please reach out to the Office of the Registrar after you have transferred in these courses if you have questions.

Courses completed through Western Oregon University's Willamette Promise and other assessment-based learning programs are articulated as elective credit only.  Although most of the courses offered through this program are “college-level”, the program itself does not meet UO Faculty standards.  Any course labeled on the official transcript as “WP – assessment-based credit” will receive elective-only credit.  No University of Oregon equivalents.

Transfer Course Equivalencies

Individual Course Lookup

Additional Information

Transfer Student Admission - Office of Admissions The UO Office of Admissions' official guide to transferring to the UO.
Academic Jumpstart Online tutorial that gives basic information to help students get started with identifying questions to ask at advising orientation. Completion will help identify required general education coursework while attending the UO.
Study Abroad Course Equivalencies A new page to help you determine how courses from Global Education Oregon Programs will apply toward your UO requirements.
Reverse College Transfer Currently admitted UO undergraduates have the option of transferring their UO credit back to one of four community colleges and possibly be awarded an associate's degree from the community college.
Transferology Students transferring to or from the University of Oregon are encouraged to use Transferology, a centralized degree audit and articulation service that eases students' progress from one Oregon school to another.
Oregon Transfer Module (OTM) A one-year curriculum for students who plan to transfer to a state of Oregon community college or another Oregon University System university. The module allows students to complete one year of general education foundation course work that is academically sound and will meet the admission standards of the receiving school.
Alternative Ways to Earn Credit Guide for students who qualify for earning University of Oregon credit from Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate scores.

Frequently Asked Questions

When will my transfer work be evaluated?

If you are applying for undergraduate or postbaccalaureate undergraduate admission to the University of Oregon, as soon as your application and application fee have been received, any official transcripts that you have sent to the University of Oregon will be evaluated. A degree audit showing how those courses will apply to your major requirements will also be created. As you complete additional work at your transfer institutions, be sure to send updated official transcripts, so that all your courses can be evaluated and your degree audit can be updated.

If you are currently enrolled as a UO student, your transfer work will be evaluated as soon as the Registrar’s Office receives an official transcript of your work. Be sure to request that transcripts be sent as soon as you finish a course so that the Registrar’s Office can evaluate the work and produce a new degree audit for you before it is time for you to register for the next term (additional credits may improve your registration priority time, help you determine what classes you need to take to earn your degree, and clear course prerequisites).

How can I view my evaluation?

Once your transfer work is evaluated, the Registrar’s Office will send you an email to let you know. You may then log onto DuckWeb (select either the "Admission" menu or the "Student" menu, then "View Transfer Evaluation Report"). You may then view and/or print your transfer evaluation. Select the "View Degree Audit" menu to view and/or print your degree audit.

For admission applicants, email notification will be sent to the applicant email address; for current UO students, e-mail notification will be sent to the e-mail address.

No printed documents will be mailed to you. You may screen print a copy directly from DuckWeb if you want a printed copy.

How can I find out how a course will transfer?

Use the Transfer Course Equivalency look-up. You can choose to view all courses that have been evaluated from another institution or you can look up individual courses from another institution.

A school I am attending is not listed on your transfer evaluation web page. What can I do?

Contact the Office of the Registrar ( or 1-541-346-2935) to find out if UO has information on file that can be posted on the web.

A course I am looking for is not listed on your transfer evaluation web page. What should I do?

Requests for evaluating credits can be made to the Office of the Registrar, or 1-541-346-2935.

I have seen my transfer evaluation and I disagree with the evaluation of a class. What can I do?

First check with the Office of the Registrar. If the course cannot be re-evaluated in the Registrar’s Office (usually because it is a course for your major), you may be directed to take a course description and/or syllabus for the course to an instructor in the appropriate department on campus. That instructor may re-evaluate the course and will contact the Office of the Registrar if appropriate, to request that the information be updated.

Can I take classes somewhere else over the Summer, and how do I make sure they will transfer back?

First check the Transfer Credit Equivalencies lookup for transfer equivalency information. If the school is not listed at all, or the specific courses you are looking for are not listed, contact the Office of the Registrar for assistance.

I am going to be studying abroad through a University of Oregon program. How will my credits transfer?

The Office of International Affairs can give you all the details about how your work will transfer back from a UO study abroad program before you leave for the program.

I'm going on a Study Abroad program that is not a University of Oregon program. I need pre-approval and/or need to know if my classes will transfer. What do I do?

Check with the Office of the Registrar to find out if there is any information already on file about the institution you plan to attend. If you plan to enroll in courses at an institution for which we do not have information on file, the Registrar’s Office will first need to confirm that transfer credit is acceptable from that institution. If so, you will then need to work with specific departments to get approval before leaving for your program. Registrar’s staff can explain the process to you.

The class I'm taking is three credits and the same course at the University of Oregon is four credits. Will it still count?

Courses taken for three credits at another term-based U.S. institution will transfer as three credits to the University of Oregon (U.S. semester school conversion: 3 semester credits = 4.5 UO credits).

Some UO degree requirements are based on completing a certain number of courses (e.g., writing, math). Transfer courses of three credits will count to clear those course requirements. Some UO degree requirements are based on a minimum number of credits (e.g., 15 credits of Arts and Letters). Your three-credit transfer course will count toward that 15 credit requirement, leaving you with 12 more credits to complete.

I sent my transcript to the University of Oregon a long time ago! Where is it?

For most institutions, it can take up to four weeks for your transcript order to be processed, mailed and received by the University of Oregon. If you ordered your transcript more than four weeks ago, contact the Office of the Registrar and we will search for your transcript. If we are unable to locate the documents, we will ask that you contact the sending institution to verify that the transcript was sent (and not held up there for some reason).

I'm an undergraduate student transferring the last class I need to graduate. Where do I send the transcript?

Send your official transcript to:

EUGENE OR 97403-5257

We ask that you submit transcripts in a timely fashion. Having your work here by the end of the term of graduation will ensure that the Registrar’s staff and your department will be able to evaluate your record for graduation. The absolute deadline for which the University of Oregon will accept transfer work is 30 days following graduation. If you do not submit your transfer work by that deadline, you will need to re-apply to graduate for the following term. (And don’t forget to apply for graduation on DuckWeb!)

Will the grades I transfer to the University of Oregon count in my UO GPA?

Grades for the courses you transfer to the University of Oregon will be collected and used to determine your transfer GPA for the purpose of admission. However, your University of Oregon GPA will not include grades from other institutions.

I can't register for next term because I have an admission’s transcript hold. How do I get this released?

The Office of Admissions informs you if you have outstanding transcripts. Order an official transcript from your transferring institution as soon as possible and have it sent to:

EUGENE OR 97403-5257

After your official transcript is received and reviewed, your hold will be released and you will be able to register for classes. Our experience is that it may take as long as four weeks for your transcript order to be processed by the sending institution and mailed to UO. Please allow sufficient time so that you can register for classes during your registration priority time!

If I take a class P/NP will it still count?

Yes. Courses taken Pass/No Pass or Satisfactory/Fail at another institution will transfer and will count in fulfilling general education requirements (and in some cases, major requirements). Please remember that there are University of Oregon requirements for the number of graded credits needed to graduate.

Does the University of Oregon award advanced credit for experiential learning?

No, UO does not award credit for experiential learning. Students may want to investigate the Credit By Exam option at UO as an alternate way to earn credit by challenging courses in the curriculum.

I completed courses through Willamette Promise. Will you accept these credits?

Coursework completed through Willamette Promise and other assessment-based learning programs is articulated as elective credit. Students wishing to receive UO course equivalent credit may consider taking a CLEP exam or through Credit by Examination. More information on alternative ways to earn credit can be found here: Credit by Examination (Alternative Ways to Earn Credit).

Who do I contact for help?

All questions about transferring courses to the University of Oregon (for both applicants and current UO students) should be directed to the Office of the Registrar:

Phone: 1-541-346-2935 (Monday through Friday, 9:00am – 12pm & 1:30pm – 4:30pm, Pacific Time)
Mail: 5257 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403
In person: Second Floor, Oregon Hall (Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, Pacific Time)