Changing the Time of a Course (Schedule of Classes)
Guidelines for Changing the Time a Course is Offered
- All time changes to courses must be requested prior to the opening of registration (for the academic year, registration begins on Monday of Week 8 of the prior term).
- Time change requests after registration begins on Monday of Week 8 (if enrollments exist) must be accompanied by a memo from the department head stating the reason for the requested change past the deadline.
- No time changes will be made once the term begins except under very unusual circumstances.
Process for Changing the Time a Course is Offered
- Registrar's staff checks for availability of an appropriate classroom at the desired time.
- Department staff inform the students of the change.
- Registrar's staff drops all of the students out of the class.
- The students re-register for the class at the new time if they want the class at the new time.
Office of the Registrar
Approved February 7, 2006 by Lorraine Davis