Large Classroom or Active Learning Classroom Request Form
This form is for department schedulers to use to request a large classroom for class sections.
For the 2020-21 academic year, we are operating under the guidelines of no more than 50 people in a classroom, including instructors and GEs. Therefore, this large classroom request form is for sections that need a classroom for 40-49 students. If the class will be a hybrid format, please include that information in the "Other Special Requests or Instructions" field at the end of the form.
For AY 20-21, large classrooms are assigned based on these criteria:
- Projected enrollment of 40-49 students in the classroom at a time
- Adherence to time blocks listed below
- Required equipment
- Proximity to department/department preference
- Regular classes will be given priority over generic courses (i.e. 199, 399, 410/510)
- Instructors who have participated in the Provost’s Teaching Academy will receive priority for the active learning classrooms
Submit one request for each course requiring a classroom.
You must indicate at least two choices for course meeting time.
To accommodate required 30-minute passing times, course meeting times are:
|1-hour blocks||1.5 hour blocks|
Click here to log in and submit your large classroom or active learning classroom request.