Large Classroom or Active Learning Classroom Request Form
This form (link below) is used by department schedulers to request a large classroom for courses with a projected enrollment of 70 or more, or for courses that need one of the designated active learning classrooms:
- Knight Library 41 (48 seats)
- Knight Library 42 (24 seats)
- McKenzie Hall 240A (90 seats)
- McKenzie Hall 240C (96 seats)
- Price Science Commons B040 (48 seats)
- Price Science Commons B042 (24 seats)
Large classrooms are assigned based on these criteria:
- Projected enrollment of 70 or greater (allowed a 15% increase from prior enrollment)
- Required equipment
- Proximity to department/department preference
- Regular classes will be given priority over generic courses (i.e. 199, 399, 410/510)
- Provost’s Teaching Academy participants will receive priority for the active learning classrooms LIB 41, LIB 42, MCK 240A, and MCK 240C
- Classes with an embedded PSC librarian, classes using PSC resources such as the visualization lab or makerspace, and science-related active learning classes will be prioritized in PSC B040 and PSC B042
Submit one request for each course requiring a classroom.
You must indicate at least two choices (in different time zones) for course meeting time, based on standard class meeting time.
Click here to log in and submit your large classroom or active learning classroom request.