Summer Part of Term Codes
During the summer term, the University of Oregon operates on multiple parts of terms, based on the actual dates that courses are offered. Coding courses into the correct part of term is necessary so that students have appropriate add/drop deadlines, tuition refunds for withdrawals, grade option change deadlines, etc., on a course-by-course basis. Correct parts of term also facilitate appropriate release of financial aid and veterans benefits to UO students and ensures compliance with university policies regarding course evaluations.
The actual course dates and the part of term can be seen in Banner in SQASECT. Parts of term are also available in Integrated Data and Reporting (IDR). Part of term codes are also displayed on the SWREGRP Schedule Proof report in Banner.
Most Commonly Used Part of Term Codes
How Part of Term Codes Work
Two-digit part of term codes
The first character (a letter) represents the week that the course starts and the second character (a number) represents the number of weeks that the course meets.
|First Character of POT||Second Character of POT|
- Z2 is a two-week course that starts in zero week (Z)
- A4 is a four-week course that starts in week 1 (A)
- E3 is a three-week course that starts in week 5 (E)
- G2 is a two-week course that starts in week 7 (G)
Three-digit part of term codes
The first character (a letter) represents the weekend that the course starts, the second digit is always a W to indicate that this is a weekend course; and the third character (a letter) represents the weekend that the course ends.
|First Character of POT: Weekend that the course starts||Second Character is always a W||Third Character of POT: Weekend that the course ends|
|A = weekend course starting at the end of week 1||
||A = weekend course ending at the end of week 1|
|B = weekend course starting at the end of week 1||
||C = weekend course ending at the end of week 3|
|E = weekend course starting at the end of week 5||
||F= weekend course ending at the end of week 6|
- ZWA is a weekend course that starts at the end of zero week (Z) and runs two weeks through the end of week one (A)
- CWD is a weekend course that starts at the end of week three (C) and runs two weeks through the end of week four (D)
- FWH is a weekend course that starts at the end of week six (F) and runs three weeks through the end of week eight (H)
"Odd" Parts of Term
- All Individualized Study courses are coded as part of term IS.
- Part of term AO8 is reserved for Oregon Marine Biology courses in Charleston.
For Summer Session classes, final exams are given on the last class meeting day.
Summer Course Surveys
UO runs the course survey process four times throughout the summer: at the end of week 4, at the end of week 8, at the end of week 12, and part of term C8. Only courses of three or four weeks in duration, ending in week 4, 8, 12, or part of term C8 are included in the course survey process for summer.
Questions about parts of term can be directed to:
Academic and Classroom Scheduling
Office of the Registrar (Oregon Hall)
Phone: (541) 346-3225