Banner Access & Query Training
Banner is a system used by the University of Oregon to record, classify, and retrieve student and course data. In order to obtain access to Student Banner, please do the following:
- Request a Banner account through the UO Service Portal (optional if user already has an account).
- Download the Banner Student System Access Request Form (this form must be sent to the Registrar's Office).
- Visit Student Banner Query Training and submit a request for training.
Important: The Banner Student System Access Request Form must be signed by the user and the department head. Please return it to the Registrar’s Office via campus mail, or email it to email@example.com.
Note: If you already have a Student Banner account and wish to update or renew your access, follow the steps below.
Upgrading or Renewing a User Account
To upgrade or renew your access to Banner Student forms: download the Banner Student System Access Request Form.
Download this form if:
- You have been trained previously
- You want to upgrade your Banner Student form or menu access
- You are a student or GTF and need to renew access
- You need access to Departmental Control forms
Send the completed form to The Registrar's Office.
Send an email to The Registrar's Office or call (541) 346-3246.
About the Student Banner Query System
The Banner Query System (BQS) is a locally-developed software package designed for University faculty and staff whose information needs require the viewing of student and course data. BQS enables academic advisers and other authorized University personnel to display student demographic information, class schedules, academic histories and other student and course data on their desktop computer.
Before you can begin using BQS, you must obtain authorization from your department head and the University Registrar. You must be trained in the proper use of the BQS before you can begin to access the data.