Supplementary Grade Report Form
When a grade change is required, instructors should first attempt to make grade changes on DuckWeb. (See Changing Grades.) Generally, official grades may be changed in DuckWeb any time after grades have been submitted for up to one year after the end of the term in which the class was taught, with some exceptions (see below).
If DuckWeb will not allow a grade change, complete the online form below to initiate the Supplementary Grade Report (SGR).
Supplementary Grade Report Form
Must be an active faculty or staff member.
While grade entry is open, if grades appear in red on the supplemental grade roster, this indicates that the roster was recently submitted. Grade changes for this course will be possible online after these grades post to student transcripts – this occurs daily at 7:30am and 4:30pm during the grading period.
An example of a change that is not possible online is a grade from a term which ended over a year ago.
Grades cannot be changed online or via SGR once thirty days have passed after the conferral of the degree – the transcript is sealed.
Submitted grades must conform to options that would have been available to the instructor via the roster in DuckWeb. If another grade is desired, contact the Office of the Registrar for possible alternatives.
Examples of grade changes that instructors cannot submit:
- W grades (these are recorded if the student initiates a withdrawal from the course)
- If the student registered for the course graded, the grade cannot be changed to P or N (or vice versa)
Department Head Approval
The department head's approval is required in these situations:
- The course is from a term which ended over a year ago
- The instructor of record does not currently have an active contract with UO
- The instructor of record is unavailable to make the change on DuckWeb
- For grade changes under unusual circumstances, as advised by the Office of the Registrar
If the instructor of record is the department head, the dean (or academically relevant associate dean) of the school/college that the department falls under must provide approval.
Supplementary Grade Report (SGR) Instructions
- Click the Supplementary Grade Report form (button) above
- Enter student’s UO ID, last name and first name
- Indicate the term and year, Course Reference Number, Subject, Course Number and instructor name
- Select the student’s registered Grading Option and select the new grade from the Grade drop-down
- Select the type of grade change, reason for change, and provide an explanation of the circumstances that warrant the grade change
- Enter the email address for the department head or relevant associate dean for the academic department, school or college that offered the course
- Click Preview to review the SGR. If edits are needed, click Previous to return to the form
- Click Submit to complete the SGR. A copy of the form is automatically sent to the person submitting the form and to the department head/dean email address
- The department head/dean must review the SGR and reply to the email with confirmation of approval or denial, and any reasons they wish to give for that decision.